Acadia National Park

Monday, October 28, 2013

Yellow Jacket vs. Moth

This was an awesome take down of  a moth by a yellow jacket; it was better than Alien vs. Predator!  The poor moth didn't stand a chance against this brute.  The yellow jacket went in for the kill, then stood victoriously over his limp victim!  Unfortunately, a strong wind whipped up and blew away the deceased moth.  Because I was standing there, I think the yellow jacket thought I stole his prey.  He quickly came after me, but I ran away screaming like a little girl, so I was truly the victorious one!  Hey, the things I won't do for a photo-op!

 
The poor moth didn't stand a chance!



 
The victor examines at his lifeless prey and has no feelings of remorse!



Shortly thereafter, the yellow jacket took off after me!  I ran away screaming with the yellow jacket in full pursuit.  I refused to be his next victim!