Acadia National Park

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Portland, Maine

I stopped in Portland, Maine, and it was bigger than most of the little towns I had been in.  It is a town on the water that is right across the bridge from New Hampshire.  All these towns are starting to look alike.  But, they are all charming and friendly and clean-looking.  We walked around for a while, looking at the cool old buildings.

This was the ONLY moose I saw while in Maine!
 


 
I love this building detail.

 
A shop filled with beautiful ceramics.



 
This is a nice park in the center of the historic area.





 
Oh, I loooooved these cobblestone streets.

 
And the brick sidewalks.  I love that!



 
It was a pretty day.

 
Beautiful poodle!  I never saw one this color.

 
ROCK LOBSTER!

 
Delicious!

 
A nice ice cream shop.

 
The sunset as we were leaving.  Kinda cool looking!