Acadia National Park

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Drive Through Maine

It was such a beautiful day today, I took a drive through different rural areas of Maine.  I came upon really quaint towns, lots of seaports, and amazing scenery. 
 
My first stop was the Waldo-Hancock Bridge (1931).  Wow, what an awesome landmark!
 

 
I crossed it, then photographed it from the other side.



 
This is a nice little park area around the bridge.

 
The other side.



Kermie and the Red Cat loved the bridge!

 
My journey continued onward where I saw some nice fall color.


 
These are different houses in Maine - All different areas.


 
Boats, or vomitoriums as I call them,  are a common sight here.



 
More pretty homes.


 
This one could use A coat of paint and a few flowers!

 
This little town had a nice boat landing.  This marker was there.  It was so pretty seeing all the boats in the water.


 
I liked this boat.  I don't want to be on it, but I liked looking at it!




 
NICE VIEW!!



 
I enjoyed my day in this town.  I forgot the name of it, but, like the rest of the towns here, it was friendly and charming with wonderful, historic buildings.