Acadia National Park

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Acadia National Park

National Parks were created in 1872 “For the Benefit And Enjoyment Of The People”; they are filled with beauty from Mother Nature that should not be subjected to political nonsense.   I am in Bar Harbor, Maine, and came to Acadia National Park today.  I knew I would be greeted by “closed” signs and barricades due to the “Government Shutdown” created by a bunch of political crybabies who can’t agree on anything (are these really the people I want telling me what I can and can't do?!).  I do not agree with a government shutdown, I do not support it, and, therefore, when possible, I will not abide by it. 

So, I parked my car and walked into Acadia National Park.  It was a glorious day to hike around Acadia, and it almost made me forget that I have a horrible 2-party system of government, neither of which represents The People.  I will remember this come election time, and I hope everyone else does too!  By the way, it’s really NOT difficult to step right over a barricade!


 
HOW RIDICULOUS locking people out of a national park!

 
Nobody cared - they parked and WALKED into the park!

 
UGH!

 
Once the sight of those barricades was behind me, I was able to enjoy this amazing park, as the creation of it was intended!

 
 
A beaver dam.

 
Cool spider!


 
This overlook is awesome. You could see cruise ships from here.





 
Oh, this is so beautiful and relaxing!


 
Some amazing fall colors in the park. 
 




 
A nice, relaxing hike through some woods.



 
My backpack filled with snacks!!!

 
This is MY national park, and I had a great time here today!

 
Being a rebel with no cause has its drawbacks; we did get a ticket for moving barricades and driving into the park (walking was overlooked; driving, apparently, was a big no-no).  That's ok, it was worth it.  The Park Ranger was very nice, but gave us a stern warning and asked us to leave!

 
The day ended perfectly with this amazing night sky - the Moon and Venus shining brightly!  (Open the pic to see Venus right below and to the right of the Moon.)