Acadia National Park

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Hershey, Hershey, and more Hershey (PA)

Every corner, every street, every building, every light pole.  EVERYTHING in Hershey, Pennsylvania,  has something to do with Hershey candy!



 
Even the street lights are Hershey Kisses!  (Pretty cute.)



 
Here's where you go to learn everything about Hershey!



 
Of course there is a Hershey store.  There is NO SHORTAGE of crap to buy!






 
If you STILL haven't had enough Hershey, you can take a tour of how they make candy.   At the end, you get a free sample (that's the ONLY thing free here).









 
The town is really cute and clean.  I actually liked it here.  My hotel was walking distance to the Hershey Park (lots of rides and stuff to do in the Park).  So, there were 15,000 screaming kids in my hotel.  Oh what fun!  That's what I get for staying near a place that is just like Disney!  Theme Parks are not my thing, so I didn't go to the Hershey Park, just took the tour to get my free sample.
 
 
The town is beautiful.  I loved all the pretty flowers.

 
Inside the Hershey complex.





 
There were several roller coasters in the park.


 
More places to buy stuff.

 
There is an abundance of headache-inducing chocolate eats!


 
I had this.  OMG, so good.  A cookie with Reese's peanut butter cups on the inside.  Then a big peanut butter cup on top.  I'll go on a diet tomorrow!


 
Cool Halloween decorations!


 
More Hershey at night.





 
The Moon and the roller coaster.